A NOTE FROM MS. NANCY/MS. DEBI
We hope everybody had a wonderful holiday. Parent/Teacher Conferences start on January 9th. If you have not signed up, you can go to signupgenius.com to sign up or to refresh yourself on the date and time you signed up for. Please have all your questions ready so we can stay on schedule with our thirty-minute slots. Registration starts February 1st for in house
students. We need your commitment during this month in order for us to do our budgeting and staffing for next year. March 1st, registration opens up to the public. If you are not registered by then, it will be on a first come,
first serve basis. Registration packets will be available in the main hallway by the sign in sheets. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the office.
Kobee Ford – 01/05
Arfaan Popatiya – 01/07
Robert Bordain-Broddie – 01/11
Duane Bodison – 01/14
Skylar Ingram-Woodard – 01/15
Elijah White – 01/17
Emily Mayheu – 01/25
Annalise Foley – 01/29
Madeline Foley – 01/29
Ms. Hazel – 01/31
JANUARY CALENDAR 2018
January 1st – Seventh Tuition Due
January 3rd – Classes Resume
January 9th – 19th – Parent/Teacher Conferences
January 15th – Dr. Marin Luther King Holiday
January 23rd – Spelling Bee – 6:15 p.m. for Sr. Elementary students – Held in Jr. Elem. Class
The Sr. Elementary Class Spelling Bee will be held on January 23rd at 6:15 p.m. All are invited
to attend this event and to give our students the support they deserve. They have worked very hard for this Spelling Bee. The winner will advance to the next level which is to compete in the County Wide Spelling Bee.
This month we will learn:
• We will be discussing shapes.
• The Sound of the Week will be “Dd”, “Ww”, and “Ee”.
• We will have lessons on winter and outer space/astronauts.
• We will continue to work on sitting criss cross, using an inside voice, being quiet during quiet times, potty training, manners and learning about ourselves.
Ms. Nancy/Ms. Roslyn
Thank you for surprising us with a gift card for our wish list. I have purchased items for Math and Science and they should be in very soon.
• We will be learning about the Artic, Antarctica and its animals.
• We will be discussing Bears – every student is to bring in a stuffed bear the week of the 22nd.
• We will discuss Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
• We will discuss America starting with the 13 original colonies.
• We will discuss winter.
SOUND OF THE WEEK
January 3rd – 19th – “Bb”
January 16th – 26th – “Ww”
• We will be learning about Antarctica and Penguins.
• We will learn about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
• We will discuss the winter season.
We will continue to learn:
Science – Simple machines: Pulleys and Levers
Geography – Central America
History – Noah and the Ark, the Ice Age
• We will discuss Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
• We will discuss the Southern states.
• We will discuss Jacob in the Bible.
• Geography Bee will be on January 23rd.
Your year will get better as you do!