FEBRUARY Calendar of Events
February 1, 1952 – Death of Maria Montessori
February 1 – 28 – In-House registration
February 2 – Ground Hog Day
February 5 – Primary class field trip to Stevi B’s
February 14 – Valentine’s Day
February 19 – President’s Day – No school
February 20 – 23 – Winter Break – No school
February – TBA – Sr. Elem Field Trip
A NOTE FROM MS. NANCY AND MS. DEBI
Our Registration for the upcoming school year has officially begun. In house registration is from February 1st – 28th. Because slots are very limited in some classes, registration will be on a first come, first serve basis. Packets and new pricing can be picked up in the office from Ms. Abbey or in the main foyer. On March 1st, registration is open to the public. Anyone not registered at that time will be put on our waiting lists. We hope you will continue to be a part of Rising Star and register early. Thank you in advance for choosing our school and being a part of our family.
Aniha Lakhani – 02/03
Ms. Amber – 02/06
Remington Evens – 02/07
Zion McGee – 02/10
Arin Popatiya – 02/14
Nolan Moore – 02/15
Ryan Lalani – 02/15
Joella Burley – 02/17
Robert Moore – 02/25
SR. ELEMENTARY SPELLING BEE
Congratulations to all of the Sr. Elementary students who worked hard for the spelling bee. The winner was Dylan Johnson and Jade Foster the runner up. Dylan will represent Rising Star by competing next at the county level. Go Dylan!
The Toddlers will continue to work on skills:
• Following Directions and Sharing
• Expressive Language
• Pincer Grasp
• Buttoning, Lacing and Zipping
• Table Manners
• Numbers 1-5, Largest to Smallest
• Potty Training
(Ms. Nancy/Ms. Roslyn)
• We will discuss Ground Hog Day.
• We will discuss Valentine’s Day. We will discuss Presidents and famous places in the United States. Please bring in a 1⁄2 pint container asap.
• We will discuss money and its value.
• We will discuss the Winter Olympics
• We have started learning our states in preparation for our Geography Bee in March. Master Copies of the colored coded map have been sent home with the all day students. If your child is four and would like to participate, they can learn
the Pink, Green, and Orange States. See Ms. Nancy for a copy of the States if you have not already received one. Our Valentine Party will be on February 14th from 10:15 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. It will be very low keyed with the exchanging of cards and a snack for the children. We ask that each child bring in cards signed only and not addressed to a
particular child. This allows each child to hand out their own cards without having to read a name.
SOUND OF THE WEEK
January 29 – February 2 – “Gg”
February 5 – February 16 – “Vv”
February 19-February 23 – “Pp”
(Ms. Lee/Ms. Ashley)
• We will discuss the Rainforest and what going green means.
• We will discuss President’s Day
• We will discuss Ground Hog Day
• We will discuss Olympic games
JR. ELEMENTARY CLASS
Science – Simple Machines
History – The Vikings
Geography – South America
We will discuss:
Nutrition, President’s Day, Chinese New Year, Winter Olympics, and 100th day celebration. We will be going on a field trip. More information will follow.
I hear and forget.
I see and I remember.
I do and I understand.